on Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Routine maintenance on your 1E or 1R Series Compact Tractor is a must. In fact, John Deere recommends replacing the oil and filter every 200 hours and annually if less than 200 hours of operation. Clean oil is critical in the longevity of your machine, as it allows the internal parts of the engine to work together effectively without overheating. In four easy steps, changing the oil in your 1E or 1R Series Compact Tractor has never been easier and will get your compact back to work doing what it does best, taking on the dozens of jobs your property demands.
4 Easy Steps: Changing Your Engine Oil and Filter:
- John Deere Oil Filter - M806418
- John Deere Plus-50 II 15W40 Oil - TY26674
- Filter Wrench - TY26639
- 10mm Socket & Wrench
- Drain Pan
- Remove Right Side Panel – After running the engine for a few minutes to warm the oil, turn off the ignition and raise the hood.
- Drain the Oil – Remove the oil plug and let it drain completely. Don't forget to place a drain pan under the plug, otherwise, you will have a mess! After the oil is drained, replace the plug making sure not to overtighten.
- Install Filter – Using your filter wrench remove the old filter. Remember, Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty. Before installing the new filter, apply some clean oil to the top then screw it. Tighten to a solid contact and be sure to wipe away any loose dirt.
- Add New Oil – Add 2.7 L of John Deere Plus-50 II 15W40 Oil to the machine's crankcase. Start the engine, and check for leaks. If you need to top off your 1025R make sure the engine is turned off.
After you install the right side panel and shut the hood, your compact tractor is ready to go. If you need maintenance products or any of the parts mentioned above, the Reynolds Parts Department is ready to assist. Plus - John Deere Filter Paks are 10% this month*!
However, if you're not a do-it-yourselfer type or need just a little more help, the Reynolds Service Department is available at any of our Central Indiana Locations and are taking appointments today.
*Receive 10% off of Filter Paks for Sub-Compact, Compact Utility, and Utility Tractors. Savings applied to the total before shipping/delivery charges and consistent with applicable sales tax requirements. Redeemable at all Reynolds Farm Equipment locations. See dealer for details. Offer valid August 1st, 2018 - Augst 31st, 2018.