What is mulching? Why should you consider doing it? How will it make your lawn look better?
Essentially, it’s the easy way to feed your lawn. Mulching returns valuable nutrients and organic matter to the soil and can even help prevent weeds. To make grass mulch, the grass is cut into easily absorbed grass clippings to help keep your lawn healthy and lush.
Fertilizing your lawn just got easier with exclusive technology from John Deere. MulchControl™ Kits with One-Touch Technology can help keep your lawn healthy and looking its best. And it’s never been easier to do.
Eight things you need to know about mulch mowing:
- Mulch mowing allows clippings to be cut finely enough so that they can’t be seen when redistributed into the lawn.
- Make sure your blades are sharp. Sharp blades help ensure a precise, quality cut.
- Mulching returns nitrogen-rich nutrients to your lawn. This feeds your lawn and can reduce the amount of fertilizer you need.
- Follow the “one-third” rule when mulch mowing, taking no more off than the top third of the grass blade. Fast-growing conditions will warrant more frequent mowing.
- Mulching works better when the grass is dry.
- The MulchControl™ System from John Deere is the easy way to mulch while you mow.
- If tall or wet grass conditions result in unsightly clumps, your MulchControl™ System should be used in side-discharge mode.
- If conditions warrant using your MulchControl™ System in side-discharge mode, clippings are likely to be visible for a few days as they decay.
This exclusive technology is available with One-Touch Technology on the John Deere X350 Select Series Riding Lawn Tractor with a 42-in or 48-in Accel Deep™ Mower Deck and other Select Series mowers.
MulchControl™ Kits, with the pull-of-a-lever technology, are available on S240 Riding Mowers with Accel Deep™ Mower Decks, Select Series Mowers, Signature Series Mowers, and all Residential ZTrak™ Mowers.
All MulchControl™ Kits from John Deere include mulching blades for best grass mulching results.